Monday, June 6, 2011

#82 the one in which I start a garden: part one

I'm super excited about this goal because I'll be able to reap the awards for awhile (I say that with noted vagueness because while I think I have my dad's green thumb, you just never know how things will turn out).

It's the beginning of June and getting really hot here in North Carolina. I wish I could have planted my little seeds a month or two earlier, but I decided to give it a go anyway.

Our little cottage apartment came with a planting box in our backyard. As you can see, it's been quite neglected.


I bought a trowel, a little rake and some gloves and went to work. Some pulling, breaking and cleaning later, I had this:


I'm still doing a little cleaning and making sure the ants crawling all over it aren't harmful. Once I get some seeds planted, I'll be keeping you updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment