Monday, January 3, 2011

#85 The one in which I start a blog

Have you heard of 101 in 1001? Or the Day Zero project? You make a list of 101 measurable, achievable goals to complete in 1001 days. Inspired by Emily at Peach and Pearl's 101 in 1001 list, I decided to make my own. Number 85 was to start a blog. Here's to achieving goals!

I'm not one for New Year's Resolutions. It's more of a tradition, I feel, than a real obligation. But having 101 goals to achieve in 1001 days means a) more time, b) smaller, more realistic goals, c) many more chances to do the small things you've always wanted to do but always pushed aside.

My List:

The ones in which I live a little
1. Pose Nude
2. Attend a UNC basketball game
3. Put a stamp in my passport
4. See a drive-in movie
5. Get an apartment
6. Cross the swinging bridge at Grandfather Mountain
7. Go through a corn maze
8. Graduate UNC!
9. Celebrate the summer and winter solstices
10. Visit 4 cities I’ve never been to
11. Watch the sunrise
12. Spend an entire night going on an adventure
13. Visit a flea market
14. Watch all three Lord of the Rings in one day
15. Go to a pick-your-own and bake awesome food with the fruit
16. Go camping
17. Go horseback riding
18. Plan a party/event

The ones in which I build relationships
19. Send out Christmas cards to friends
20. Make a new friend
21. Go out of my way to help someone
22. Surprise someone with flowers
23. Give someone the perfect gift
24. Host a dinner party/make dinner for friends

The ones in which I get cultured
25. Go to a concert
26. Visit 10 restaurants I’ve never been to
27. Watch Star Wars
28. Watch the Rocky Horror Picture Show and see it performed
29. Learn to play Devil Went Down to Georgia on the violin
30. Learn a poem by heart
31. Watch Amelie
32. Find a favorite classical music CD
33. See the Trans-Siberian Orchestra in concert
34. Go to a winery/wine tasting and learn more about wine
35. See a show on Broadway
36. Go salsa dancing
37. Read 5 books from the Modern Library's List of 100 Best Books of the 20th Century Board List and 5 from the reader’s list

The ones in which I try to be healthy
38. Stretch every morning for two weeks
39. Do yoga three times a week for two weeks
40. Go indoor rock climbing
41. Eat fruits/vegetables every day for a month

The ones in which I build my brand
42. Submit to three design contests
43. Make my own stationery
44. Print business cards
45. Build a functional, ideal portfolio site

The ones in which I improve myself
46. Define/execute my personal style
47. Learn to play poker
48. Learn how football works
49. Learn to shoot a gun
50. Learn to tie a tie and bow tie
51. Learn to make pho and hu tieu
52. Learn the important parts of my car and what they do
53. Learn the bass clef
54. Relearn conversational Spanish-use Spanish in conversation
55. Draw and doodle more often
56. Ask more questions
57. Take a cooking class
58. Practice violin for 30 minutes three times a week for two weeks
59. Take a pottery class
60. Put money into my savings account every month
61. Purge my useless items

The ones in which I challenge myself
62. Eat organic for a week
63. Say “like” less
64. Give someone a compliment everyday for two weeks
65. Stop complaining for a week
66. Answer the “50 questions that will free your mind”
67. Send one handwritten letter a month for 6 months
68. List 100 things that I love/that make me happy

The ones in which I spread good will
69. Help build a house for Habitat for Humanity
70. Dance/Participate in Dance Marathon
71. Plant a tree
72. Grow out my hair and then donate it
73. Volunteer at an animal shelter

The ones I do for fun
74. Take underwater photos
75. Jump into a lake
76. Start and complete eight craft projects in a year
77. Take a photo every day for a month/create a photojournal for a week
78. Get my fortune told
79. Find out my blood type
80. Leave a love letter/inspirational note in a library book
81. Get a massage
82. Start a garden/herb garden
83. See a show at the Morehead Planetarium
84. Read a biography of someone I admire
85. Start a blog and post regularly
86. Put away 5 dollars for every task not completed
87. Wear a piece of jewelry everyday for a month
88. Document my 101

The ones in which I buy things
89. Buy 15 books to add to my future library
90. Buy a tablet
91. Buy a trench coat
92. Buy a good printer
93. Buy a new computer/laptop
94. Buy a different magazine every month for a year

The ones in which I create things
95. Create a recipe book
96. Make a homemade movie
97. Make a book of my favorite quotes
98. Learn to make Baklava
99. Build a headboard
100. Restore an old piece of furniture
101. Design and print my own Christmas and holiday cards for a year

No comments:

Post a Comment