Thursday, January 26, 2012

beach-bound in my dreams

Lately, I've been getting on the interstate to run errands and have had to suppress every last impulse to keep driving straight to Wilmington. I'm not sure what it is, the winter blues, the restlessness...I need the beach. Bad.

Though it's the South, beaches in North Carolina are still pretty cold in the winter. Sure, you can frolic on the sandy shores -- but be prepared with closed toed shoes and a sweater.

My ideal winter beach outfit plays up the neutral palette and includes items that are super comfy, but not so high maintenance that you can't get a little sand on it. Retro sunglasses add a hint of old-school glam, but a pair of TOMS keeps you grounded with nautical details like stripes and a rope sole.

Bonus points if you put your hair in a messy bun.


Fisherman's sweater // Sunglasses // Convertible tote/cross body bag // Belt // TOMS // Jeans


No comments:

Post a Comment