Monday, January 2, 2012

101 in 1001: Year in Review

I'm 366 days into my 101 in 1001 project! Since it's the start of a new year, I thought it was a good time to update y'all on my goals. So far:

20 out of 101 finished
9 out of 101 in progress

I've found that I needed to go back and edit my list a bit. Some things that were important to me when I was making this list over a year ago aren't anymore. And there were some goals that could have been more specific. I've adjusted a few, taken a couple off, and added a couple new ones!


The ones in which I live a little
1. Pose Nude Go skinny dipping
2. Attend a UNC basketball game
3. Put a stamp in my passport
4. See a drive-in movie
5. Get an apartment
6. Cross the swinging bridge at Grandfather Mountain
7. Go through a corn maze
8. Graduate UNC!
9. Celebrate the summer and winter solstices
10. Visit 4 cities I’ve never been to
11. Watch the sunrise
12. Spend an entire night going on an adventure
13. Visit a flea market
14. Watch all three Lord of the Rings in one day
15. Go to a pick-your-own and bake awesome food with the fruit
16. Go camping
17. Go horseback riding
18. Plan a party/event

The ones in which I build relationships
19. Send out Christmas cards to friends
20. Make a new friend
21. Go out of my way to help someone
22. Surprise someone with flowers
23. Give someone the perfect gift
24. Host a dinner party/make dinner for friends

The ones in which I get cultured
25. Go to a concert
26. Visit 10 restaurants I’ve never been to
27. Watch Star Wars
28. Watch the Rocky Horror Picture Show and see it performed
29. Learn to play Devil Went Down to Georgia on the violin
30. Learn a poem by heart
31. Watch Amelie Try a new recipe every month
32. Find a favorite classical music CD
33. See the Trans-Siberian Orchestra in concert
34. Go to a winery/wine tasting and learn more about wine
35. See a show on Broadway
36. Go salsa dancing
37. Read 5 books from the Modern Library's List of 100 Best Books of the 20th Century Board List and 5 from the reader’s list

The ones in which I try to be healthy
38. Stretch every morning for two weeks
39. Do yoga three times a week for two weeks
40. Go indoor rock climbing
41. Eat fruits/vegetables every day for a month
42. Go to a kickboxing class

The ones in which I build my brand
43. Submit to three design contests
44. Make my own stationery
45. Print business cards
46. Build a functional, ideal portfolio site

The ones in which I improve myself
47. Define/execute my personal style
48. Learn to play poker
49. Learn how football works
50. Learn to shoot a gun
51. Learn to tie a tie and bow tie
52. Learn to make pho and hu tieu
53. Learn the important parts of my car and what they do
54. Learn the bass clef
55. Relearn conversational Spanish-use Spanish in conversation
56. Draw and doodle more often
57. Ask more questions
58. Take a cooking class
59. Practice violin for 30 minutes three times a week for two weeks
60. Take a pottery class
61. Put money into my savings account every month
62. Purge my useless items Stop buying things on impulse

The ones in which I challenge myself
63. Eat organic for a week
64. Say “like” less
65. Give someone a compliment everyday for two weeks
66. Stop complaining for a week
67. Answer the “50 questions that will free your mind”
68. Send one handwritten letter a month for 6 months
69. List 100 things that I love/that make me happy
70. Go vegan for a month

The ones in which I spread good will
71. Help build a house for Habitat for Humanity
72. Dance/Participate in Dance Marathon
73. Plant a tree
74. Grow out my hair and then donate it
75. Volunteer at an animal shelter

The ones I do for fun
76. Take underwater photos
77. Jump into a lake
78. Start and complete eight craft projects in a year
79. Take a photo every day for a month/create a photojournal for a week
80. Get my fortune told
81. Find out my blood type
82. Leave a love letter/inspirational note in a library book
83. Get a massage
84. Start a garden/herb garden
85. See a show at the Morehead Planetarium Visit the North Carolina Museum of Art
86. Read a biography of someone I admire
87. Start a blog and post regularly
88. Put away 5 dollars for every task not completed
89. Wear a piece of jewelry everyday for a month
90. Document my 101

The ones in which I buy things
91. Buy 15 books to add to my future library
92. Buy a trench coat
93. Buy a good printer
94. Buy a new computer/laptop

The ones in which I create things
95. Create a recipe book
96. Make a homemade movie
97. Make a book of my favorite quotes
98. Learn to make Baklava
99. Build a headboard
100. Restore an old piece of furniture
101. Design and print my own Christmas and holiday cards for a year

No comments:

Post a Comment