Thursday, December 8, 2011

hermes

Now that my sister and I have booked our tickets to Paris, we've started thinking about
Where to stay
Where to go
What to do
What to buy.

It's been a fantasy of my sister's to buy a Louis Vuitton bag for a few years and she found that it's actually less expensive to buy in Paris! Totally appropriate, right? "Oh yeah, that Louis? I got it in Paris."

At first I had no inclination to buy anything but wine, cheese and macarons. But then it hit us both: Hermes.

I'm not sure how well you guys know me, but I'm a collector and lover of scarves. The soft textures, beautiful colors and unique patterns make my heart go pitter-patter. Sometimes I just lay all my scarves out on my bed and stare at them. I have some go-to scarves for everyday, but I've also got a collection of beautiful silk and satin scarves that need to be framed or something. (Kidding, kind of.)

I'm very seriously considering making a big-girl purchase in Paris and springing for a Hermes. I know it will be something I'll cherish and keep forever. Someday, when I'm old and wrinkly, I'll hand it down to my children and it will smell like my perfume (I'll have a signature scent by then), and they'll think "Mom got this in Paris when she was 21 and it's still in perfect condition. I can just see her sitting at Les Deux Magots wearing this and sipping on an expresso."


You know, something like that. 


Pierres d'Orient et d'Occident

Le Pégase d'Hermès

Really guys, these scarves are so beautiful I want to cry a little. They're even prettier knotted. I know, I thought it was impossible, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment