Monday, March 14, 2011

art

Poppies in Motion by Janice Trane Jones

I found this watercolor painting on Etsy by artist Janice Trane Jones (her etsy name is jtj1227) while I was stuck in bed with the flu. You can find it on her website, too. I love splashes of color in the background and the giant poppies in the foreground. Poppies are one of my favorite flowers and this watercolor painting makes them look fun and whimsical.

I'd love to have this hang in my bedroom, but as a self-sustaining college student, it's out of my price range.

1 comment:

  1. I just happened to run across this blog and was thrilled you liked the painting. Although I am 1 1/2 years late in thanking you, I really appreciate it.
    Maybe a self-sustaining college student would still like a poppy painting like this one? If so, just send me your address and one may magically appear at your door in the near future. Best Janice

    ReplyDelete