Wednesday, March 9, 2011

#2 the one in which I attend a UNC basketball game

By JR Fruto for the Daily Tar Heel

The Carolina Duke basketball game. It's one of the most famous college rivalries in the nation and it's a game that the entire student body, campus and town prepare themselves for at the start of the season.

With my ticket waiting to get into the Dean Dome

At a school like UNC, not having gone to a basketball game in the three years that I've been a student here is unacceptable. I'm not a sports fan, but I know that there is no experience like attending a UNC basketball game. This season, I made it a priority to sign up for every student lottery and to follow the progress of my dearest Heels, unlike years in the past.

Unfortunately, I never won a ticket. But serendipitously, I ended up with the above ticket from a friend. That's right. My very first UNC basketball game was against Duke. Oh, and...we won.

Fans storm the court after UNC wins, 81-67

No comments:

Post a Comment