Monday, March 19, 2012

we all make mistakes


On Saturday, I spent the morning at the Southern Weddings Yard Sale. Among all the wedding wares and random yard sale items, there was a jug of sweet tea and a plate of donuts. Seeing everyone grab a glazed confection, my tummy craved one, too. So I grabbed one. And I ate it.


And then an hour later, I ate another one.

Dearest friends, it wasn't until an hour after that, when I went home and told my friends about the yard sale, did I realize that IT WASN'T VEGAN! The cherry on top of this? I was explaining to my coworkers why I went vegan and what foods I could and couldn't eat as I was stuffing my face with Krispy Kreme!

The rest of Saturday was spent lamenting my failure. Let me tell you, friends, keeping track of what you can and can't eat as a new vegan is hard. Those impulses to eat a gummy bear at the movies or a cupcake at a party are hard to control when you've never had to think twice about it before.

But we all make mistakes and we learn from them. I hope that in the next three weeks, this will get easier and (fingers crossed) no more slip-ups will occur!

The bright side? I found vegan chocolate ice cream yesterday! Win.

No comments:

Post a Comment