Monday, February 14, 2011

exposed brick

Via Country Living
I love love love exposed brick. I toured Pace Communications in Greensboro, NC, on Friday with CAFME, a UNC campus group of dedicated magazine lovers and aspiring editors. Part of what made me love the company was the fact that they housed their offices in what used to be a jeans factory. Exposed brick walls and an incredible skylight made the old factory homey and warm -- part of the secret to their success, no?

I've always wanted to live (and now, work) in a place with exposed brick, but after a little reading on the internet, I've found that sometimes these brick walls can be drafty and worse, in my opinion, can house spiders and millipedes. The good news is that a lot of people don't have these problems, so the icky bugs and lack of insulation may just be the effects of bad construction or neglect.

No comments:

Post a Comment